Apple Crisp, quick, tasty and easy
I love apples. I always try new ways to eat them. And this apple crisp is incredibly good. It doesn’t take much baking experience because you have few ingredients and very easy steps to follow. The quality of the apples is extremely important. Sweet and juicy apples are what you are looking for to get a tasty apple crisp.
For the crumbles you can use the flour of your choice. I used a multigrain flour because I had it in my cupboard and it’s very crunchy and versatile. I am trying to avoid white flour as much as possible.
You can also decide to serve the apple crisp with a topping of your choice. Banana nice-cream is my healthy option or coconut cream for a more decadent one. You could also opt for a berry jam or some fresh fruit.
For the crumbles
- 1 cup of flour (I used multigrain flour)
- 2/3 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 dash of salt
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted vegan butter or solid coconut oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
For the apple filling
- 4-5 sweet apples
- 1/4 cup of water
- Banana nice-cream or coconut cream for topping
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the butter and the vanilla extract.
- Rub together the ingredients with your hands until the butter is incorporated and the mixture becomes crumbs.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven at 190ºC/375ºF.
- Peel the apples and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Discard the cores and cut the apple halves in thick slices.
- Transfer the apple slices in a pan.
- Add the water.
- Evenly top the apples with the crumbles.
- Bake until the topping is brown, or about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool it down for 10 minutes.
- Serve it warm with banana nice-cream or coconut cream.
This is a delicious dessert, ready in less than 1 hour! Enjoy!