A top-notch vegan blueberries cheesecake
This delicious baked vegan blueberries cheesecake is creamy and tasty, but the recipe is simple and quick. Just blend the ingredients, pour in a pan and bake! Done!
Most of the vegan cheesecake recipes I found on the internet are raw. I love them but they usually feel pretty heavy because you need to use a lot of highly nutritious ingredients to get the right texture. Then I finally found out an old recipe from the lovely Mary of Mary’s Test Kitchen (you should definitely subscribe to her YouTube channel!) It is easy, tasty and very quick to prepare. I modified it a little bit to fit the ingredients I had available but the result was amazing! Let’s start!
It’s a cake so it’s rich in fat. I know I say it every time but a cake that is not rich and decadent is not a cake! Anyway, it is made mostly with fresh ingredients so at least the quantity of saturated fats is very limited and blueberries are really good for you! The recipe is for 6 small servings. Here are the nutrition facts for one.
|Baked Vegan Blueberries Cake – 1 serving|
For the crust
- 10 Digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup of Instant Oats (if you have rolled oats grind them in the blender)
For the filling
- 200gr of silken tofu
- 1 cup of raw cashews
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 limes’ juice
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
For the blueberry sauce
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- If you live in a hot country like me, put the coconut oil in the fridge for about 5 minutes so it gets harder but it will not be completely solid.
- Boil the cashews for 5 minutes.
- Blend all filling ingredients until you have a smooth cream.
- Smash the biscuits and grind them in a blender with the other crust ingredients, except the coconut oil.
- Mix with the coconut oil and pour the crust mixture into a baking pan covered in baking sheet, distribute evenly and press down the surface firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Pour the cream mixture on the top.
- Heat the blueberries and sugar to boil or microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Drop a couple spoons of the blueberry sauce on the cheesecake, then trace lines out of the blueberry spots with a spoon.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes.
- Let it cool down then chill in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
- Top with the rest of the blueberry sauce before serving.
Easy, right? And it tastes amazing. This is probably the best Baked Vegan Blueberries Cheesecake ever! Enjoy!