Rice pudding breakfast is amazing!
I love how this protein rice pudding is very easy to prepare in more or less 40 minutes, with easily available ingredients. It is also incredibly filling and with some really good macros. Let’s start!
This a perfect meal after a heavy workout. Packed of proteins, complex carbs and healthy fats, this protein rice pudding is definitely a go to if you need to pack on calories. The recipe for 2 large servings or 4 small servings. Here are the nutrition facts for 1 large serving.
|Protein Rice Pudding – 1 large serving|
- 1 scoop of your favorite vegan protein powder (I use Plant Fusion chocolate flavor which you can get on iHerb here)
- 1/2 cup of brown rice
- 3 cups of unsweetened soy milk or other non-diary milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup (optional)
- 1 banana (optional)
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds (optional)
- Start by washing a rinsing the rice at least twice.
- Turn on the stove on medium heat, and add coconut milk and rice to a pot.
- Stir for 2 minutes then add 2 cups of soy milk.
- When it start simmering turn the heat to low. Keep stirring.
- Add the cinnamon powder and the vanilla extract and keep stirring.
- Cook for about 35-40 minutes stirring every couple of minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes add the the rest of the soy milk and stir more.
- Take the pot off the stove and add the protein powder. Stir well.
- Divide in serving bowls and top it with banana, sesame seeds and maple syrup.
I love this rice pudding, especially when it’s still warm. It’s a perfect breakfast, especially when you had a very intense leg day or cardio session! Enjoy!