Lava Cake with a delicious molten chocolate heart and packed with proteins!
What if tell you that you don’t always need to snarf your protein powder in a shake form? Here is a delicious lava cake recipe that will help you to get the extra proteins after a hard workout. And it’s ready in five minutes! Let’s start!
This delicious lava cake is packed with proteins, thanks to the protein powder but being a dessert also has a high level of fats. You could skip the chocolate but what would be the point of the cake, right?
Here are nutrition facts.
|Vegan Protein Mug Lava Cake|
- 1 tbsp of white flour
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I use the PlantFusion Chocolate Protein Powder and get it through iHerb)
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 7-8 tbsp of unsweetened soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1/3 tsp of baking powder
- 40 grams of vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder (if you have an unflavored protein powder)
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil (optional)
- Sift flour, protein powder, baking soda, baking powder and sugar in a microwave resistant cup.
- Mix well.
- Slowly pour the milk in and keep stirring until you have a smooth batter.
- Push the chocolate chunk right in the middle of the batter until it is covered.
- Put in the microwave at 800-1200w for 4-6 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- Let it cool down for 2 minutes before eating.
Easy isn’t it? This is probably the easiest recipe I ever prepared and it is delicious! I am thinking about bringing the batter to the office and prepare it there instead of having a shake after the gym! That would definitely improve my mood everyday!Enjoy!
PS: sorry for the crappy pictures.