A light version of your usual chocolate muffins
Let’s prepare a very light, simple and cheap version of vegan muffins, which lasted less than 48 hours in my kitchen.
These muffins are quite light, with little more than 200 calories each. Of course, they are very high in carbs and fat, so don’t overdo it. The ingredients are for 10 muffins (if you don’t eat all the batter…) and here are the nutrition facts for 1 muffin.
|Chocolate Orange Muffin|
- 150 gr of white flour
- 50 gr of potato starch
- 190 gr of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 100 gr of dark chocolate
- 80 ml of vegetable oil
- 90 ml of non-dairy milk
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract or 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- The zest of the two oranges or, if the oranges are waxed, buy dry orange peel
- Mix flour, starch, cocoa powder, cinnamon powder, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Sift the ingredients to avoid lumps.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Add oil, milk, orange juice and zest and whisk until obtaining a smooth batter.
- Chop and add the dark chocolate. Give it a quick mix.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- Add one large spoon in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let them cool down before taking out of the pan.
As you can see it’s a very quick and easy recipe. Enjoy and try not to eat them all in one sit!