Broccoli are the best!
And I really believe that. This fantastic vegetable is low in calories, rich in proteins and micronutrients, and can be cooked in so many different ways.
This quick broccoli salad can be customized with the ingredients you prefer or have in your fridge. Let’s start!
This salad is quite balanced and low in calories, although I have to say that the calories of the cashew cheese are based on a commercial product while I used a homemade product, so there could be some difference there.
- 1 large Broccoli head, only florets
- 1/4 cup of chopped pistachios or other nut of your choice
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp of creamy cashew cheese
- 1-2 tbsp of vegan bacon bits
- 2 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sprig of green onion
- Bring some water to boil in a pot.
- Wash and cut the broccoli florets.
- Blanch them, meaning boil them for a couple of minutes. You want to keep the crunchiness. Immediately transfer them in cold water and ice to have a bright green color.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and gently mix them. I used my hands to be gentler.
- Serve with some chopped green onion on the top.
Done! Easy, right? Now customize it as you prefer, maybe using cranberries instead of tomatoes, or a ranch sauce for the mayonnaise. Have fun and enjoy!