A fantastic spinach mushroom dip for every occasion.
A beautiful green color, creamy and delicate flavor, this spinach mushroom dip or cream, can be a perfect appetizer or a creamy main dish. You can also add some extra ingredients to create your personal version of it.
This is a low-calories recipe but with a fair amount of fats because of the vegan cream to make it silky and smooth. The recipe is for 4 servings if you serve it as a main dish. Here are the nutrition facts for 1 serving.
|Spinach Mushroom Dip – 1 serving|
- 500 gr of fresh spinach
- 200 gr of potatoes
- 1 leek
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 gr of dried mushrooms (porcini or shiitake)
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup of vegan cream (just blend soy milk and drip vegetable oil until you get a creamy texture. Or soy-free option here)
- 1-2 cups of vegetable broth
- Parsley to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak the mushrooms in water for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash and chop the potatoes in large cubes.
- Prepare the broth by boiling 2 cups of water with vegetable stock.
- Add the potatoes to the broth once the stock is diluted.
- Add the chopped leek and mushrooms.
- Boil for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Add water if necessary.
- Wash and roughly chop the spinach, blanch and drain them.
- Pick the boiled ingredients with a colander and add them to a blender or a food processor.
- Add garlic, cream and nutritional yeast.
- Start pulsing adding 1-2 tbsp of water at the time to reach the desired texture.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the spinach mushroom dip with a few drops of cream and chopped parsley.
- Serve by itself or with croutons, tortilla chips or pita bread.
This spinach mushroom dip is very simple and yet delicious. You could add some BBQ-flavored seitan bits or other ingredients of your choice. I loved it cool even more. Enjoy!