A fresh spaghetti recipe.
Back to my origins, here it is a Italian dish with a modern touch. Spaghetti are a worldwide famous type of pasta and the wholewheat version is definitely my favorite. Here we will top the spaghetti with guacamole-like avocado cream and roasted chickpeas for some crunch. Here we go!
The spaghetti-avocado-chickpeas combo is very well balanced and this recipe perfectly fit my macros, with a good combination of carbs, fats and proteins. The recipe is for 2 servings.
|Spaghetti with Avocado and Roasted Chickpeas – 1 serving|
- 200gr of wholewheat spaghetti
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- Green onion to taste
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup or can of cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1 ripe tomato
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC/360ºF.
- Wash the chickpeas and dry them with a clean kitchen towel.
- Add them and the flour to a bowl and quickly mix to cover all the chickpeas with flour.
- Bake on a baking parchment for 20 minutes or until roasted and crunchy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocado sauce by mixing avocado, garlic, lime, nutritional yeast, paprika, green onion (keep some as topping), salt and pepper.
- Add to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. You may need to add 1-2 tbsp of water. I would not use oil since the avocado is already rich in fats.
- Boil some water in a pot and add the spaghetti. Cook for the required time, no more.
- Rinse and pour into a plate, stir with the avocado sauce and the roasted chickpeas.
- Top with chopped tomato and green onion.
- Eat warm!
This is a delicious dish and it gains some extra points for its simplicity and authenticity of flavors. Easily one of my favorite dishes ever. Enjoy!