Barbecue Sauce Recipe in under 10 minutes!
We have all used some kind of Barbecue sauce at least once in our lives. But rarely we stop and think how it is made. Of course, there are many variations of the BBQ sauce. This is my take on it. Feel free to customize it as you prefer.
This Barbecue sauce is basically almost 100% carbs (98%) since we are talking about tomatoes and sugar as main sources of calories. Here are the nutrition facts for the whole batch (about 3-4 cups).
|Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce|
- 2 cups of Ketchup (better if low in sugar)
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 onion (or 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 small chilli peppers
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of orange peel or orange zest (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Apple Sauce (optional)
- In a hot pan with oil (or water) add chopped onion, garlic, chillies and mustard seeds.
- Stir on medium heat until the onion is soft.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes or until it reach the desired texture.
- Pour the sauce into a blender to obtain a smooth barbecue sauce.
- Let the BBQ sauce cool down before storing it.
Done! That was easy right? Remember that we are talking about a fresh product, so it should last no more than 2-3 weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!