Cookies+Peanut Butter+Chocolate= Foodporn
Finally I had some time to cook again and here it comes a cookies recipe, very easy, with few ingredients and quick to prepare.
I’d like to point out that I decided to stop tracking my macros, mainly because I don’t want it to become an obsession, but also because I am trying to build up strength so some extra calories are more than welcome. I only use Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen to be sure I am eating my greens.
Going back to the cookies…it’s peanut butter chocolate chip cookies we are talking about! They are fat and delicious!
The recipe is for about 20/22 cookies. The nutrition facts are for one.
|Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie|
- 1 1/4 cup of white flour (1.3$ for 1kg)
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips (5$ for about 400gr)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted peanut butter (4$ for a jar)
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of rice milk or other non-dairy milk (2$ for 1 liter)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking power
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of whisky (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Combine coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla, sugar, whisky and milk in a bowl.
- In another bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir the flour mixture into the peanut butter mixture, until smooth and compact.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough balls using a tablespoon and place on a baking pan covered with parchment paper. Leave some space between them. I cooked 9 cookies each time to avoid squeezing too much dough balls in one batch.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Check carefully not to burn them.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Easy, right? You can customized the recipe as you prefer. For example, you can use blueberry instead of chocolate chips, or chunky peanut butter if you want even more texture. Enjoy!