You can eat this avocado salad by itself or serve it as side dish. It’s very fresh, cooling, and filling.
This time I decided to prepare this salad to show some simple, quick and easy recipe. The dressing is what makes the difference, but you can go with something lighter than my DIY Sesame Dressing which is pretty fat.
Ok, this is fat. I am not going to find any excuse. Between sesame dressing and avocado, this salad is damn fatty. But at least, I prepared it as appetizer for 7 people!
Avocado Cucumber Onion Salad
- Cal 960
- Fat 74g
- Sodium 1078mg
- Potassium 2661mg
- Carbs 76g
- Fiber 26g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 15g
- Vitamin A 30%
- Vitamin C 98%
- Calcium 26%
- Iron 30%
What you need to prepare the avocado cucumber onion salad
- Two cucumbers (I used the Japanese variety. 1$)
- 2 Avocado (I used NZ variety. 4$)
- 2 Shallots (You can switch to red onion. 1$ for 6)
- 2/3 Tbsp of Sesame Dressing (Don’t be deceived by the photo. I just reused a Sriracha bottle. I will explain how to prepare it)
- 1tsp of grounded chili pepper (optional)
How to prepare the avocado cucumber onion salad
For the sesame dressing
- Mix together 5 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise, 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 2 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp of salt, 2 tbsp of grounded sesame seeds. I used a blender to make it smoother.
For the salad
- Slice the cucumbers, avocado, and shallots.
- Put everything in a bowl.
- Add the dressing and mix gently, careful not to smash the avocado.
This is a pretty easy recipe, isn’t it? Feel free to play around, adding some other ingredients and changing the topping. Let me know your own salad version!
PS: inspired be OneGreenPlanet.