Vegan mayonnaise = healthy? Not really, but worth some extra cardio in the gym
In this post I will show you how to prepare a vegan mayonnaise in 10 minutes. Not exactly the right food if you wanna lose weight, but perfect if you wanna prepare some sandwiches or potato salad. My version will be pretty tasteful and colorful since I decided to add some mustard.
Well, it’s fat! This Vegan mayonnaise is the proof that going vegan doesn’t necessarily mean eating healthy. You need to be careful anyway. But treating yourself from time to time it’s ok, if that’s an exception and not the rule.
|Vegan Mayonnaise (1tbsp)|
- 150 ml of unsweetened soy milk (1.6$ for 1 litre)
- 300 ml of sunflower oil (1$ for 1 litre)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of Cider Vinegar (1.7$ for a 400ml bottle)
- 1 tsp of mustard (optional but I really like it!)
How to prepare your vegan mayonnaise
- Pour the soy milk in a blender, with salt, turmeric and mustard
- Give it a quick mix
- Now be careful or your vegan mayonnaise will not stiff: keep the blender going and from the top drizzle the oil. Stop it 2 seconds after you drizzle all the oil
- Add the vinegar and mix it again. It will become dense in a matter of seconds!
Use this vegan mayonnaise for your favorite sandwiches or potato salads, but be frugal with it because it’s really fat. Enjoy and tell me if you have your own version of the vegan mayonnaise.
PS: If you want to prepare some vegan cream, the procedure is exactly the same. Just use soy milk and oil.
PPS: Inspired by Gustosamente Vegan Vlog